Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Delicious ‘n’ Yummy Onion Tomato Chutney



I have wanted to write this blog for a week now. This blog is a new experience to me for 2 reasons.

1. This is the First ever cuisine blog I am writing.
2. I have borrowed this recipe from my Mother-in-law.

I have tried to bring the Taste and look of this chutney in title as well as in the photo. This chutney is one of my favorite dishes. Lot of my Friends and relatives are die-hard fan of my Mother –in-law’s yummy ‘n’ Tasty Onion tomato chutney. So here goes the recipe.

Delicious ‘n’ Yummy Onion Tomato Chutney


Ingredients


Onion -3
Tomato (Large) - 1 or (small) – 2
Green Chili -2
Coriander Leaves – Few
Ginger – Little Piece
Salt for taste
Urad dhal, Ground nut dhal, Mustard – 1 tsp

Method

1. Cut Onion, Tomato and Green Chilies into Small Pieces.
2. Grind Onion, Tomato, Green Chilies, Coriander leaves and Ginger in the Mixie.
3. Fry Urad Dhal, Groundnut Dhal and mustard in the Frying Pan.
4. Add Onion mixture in the Frying pan. Leave it in stove for 2 minutes.
5. Garnish it with coriander leaves.

You can serve this chutney with idli, dosa, adai and Rice.

Preparation time: 5 minutes

Pros

1.It will be very different than the normal coconut chutney.
2.You can use it when you want a long standing side dish for a very long train Journey.

Cons

I can’t find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment